This recipe was really inspired by the idea that I did not want to make another basic green salad AND I’ve been really craving elotes lately. Now don’t get me wrong, I really do love salad, but at some point it’s good to switch things up. So what do I come up with? A deconstructed elote with a few additions that can be eaten like a salad. Voila!
This corn & black bean summer salad is the perfect compliment to any barbecue, party, Taco Tuesday, you name it. It’s also incredibly easy to make You really don’t even have to own a grill. I’m constantly “grilling” my veggies on a flat cooktop, and get the same great flavor. Try it and let me know what you think!
Corn Black Bean Summer Salad
Corn Black Bean Salad
- 4 Large Ears Corn Grilled
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- 1/2 medium Avocado cubed
- 1/3 cup Queso Fresco *Cotija cheese would be delicious too!
Chili Lime Sauce
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 large Limes Juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Cook corn on a grill for 15-20 minutes, until the corn is cooked through and there is plenty of browning and grill marks seen on the kernels (browning = flavor!)
- Add sour cream, mayo, lime juice, and spices into a small bowl and whisk together, set aside
- Add black beans, avocado, and cheese to a bowl. Dress with the avocado chili lime sauce, toss to coat, and top with cilantro